MobiRack Mobile Data Center
MobiRack Offers Mobile, All-in-one Data Center Capabilities for Field Deployments
Bye Bye Brick and Mortar
Todays data center deployments should no longer be limited to the physical confines of fixed, brick and mortar facilities. Examples of such modern, fleet-of-foot data center deployments include emergency response situations in disaster areas, office deployments, scientific and engineering exploration projects, research and development endeavors, mobility for major events and trade shows and a wide range of military applications. Common across these diverse use models is the need for all-in-one solutions that offer customers extreme mobility, configuration flexibility, modularity, ruggedness and the ability to deploy quickly.
MobiRack enclosures are available in compact (5U and 11U) and midrange (14U and 16U) mobile data center configurations. MobiRack™s mobility and robust features strengthen Rackable™ broad portfolio of deployed data center products.
Key benefits include:
Built for Superior Structural Integrity
- Compact, Light Weight Half-depth Server and Storage Solutions
- Ability to Handle AC Power Disruptions in Non-Ideal Usage Environments Via DC power distribution technologies including Battery Back Ups, rectifier shelves and ultra-high efficiency DC power supplies
- Fast, Easy Deployments in Space Constrained Environments Via accessible, front-facing components and cabling
- Configuration Flexibility Large selection of build-to-order Intel and AMD-based server and storage solutions, MobiRack enclosures and options
- Solution Scalability Broad portfolio of mobile data center enclosures ranging from compact (5U and 11U) to midrange (14U and 16U) configurations
- Eco-Logical and Cost Effective Server and Storage Designs
- Day One Advantage
Aircraft-quality, tempered aluminum racks provide unmatched structural integrity. MobiRack outer shells and lids are fabricated with roto-molded rugged plastic and feature molded in stacking ribs for secure stacking during transport. MobiRack exceeds Air Transport Association (ATA), Spec 200, Category 1 requirements.
Enclosures have reinforced corners and edges with up to 20% more material to protect high stress areas. The enclosures allow all fasteners to be fully recessed to protect them from external impact damage. Positive anti-sheer locks prevent case lids from separating even after impact.
Best in Class Environmental Protection
MobiRack provides advanced environmental wind, splash and rain protection via molded, tongue-and-groove gasket seals and offer airtight/watertight protection gauges as options. High grade shocks offer protection for equipment up to 340 lbs.
MobiRack enclosures are available in 5U, 11U, 14U and 16U configurations. The enclosures offer an impressively rich array of options from visual choices (colors, labels, custom stenciling) to functional (removable rack, choice of handles, trays, drawers, shelves, shocks, storage pouches, coupling catches, support rails, etc.) to environmental controls like airtight/watertight or humidity indicator gauges. When you combine all of this with SGI's custom-built Intel and AMD-based half depth servers, storage systems, power distribution infrastructure (including power distribution units (PDUs), batteries and rectifiers) and SGI's build-to-order business model, one can clearly see the maximized configuration flexibility that is available from SGI.
For further information please call 01454 275040 or email: